About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We face the doctor tomorrow in faith


It has been a very challenging month. We have had a little girl that had one eye blurred vision and seeing double one week, then a headache that woke her out of her sleep and stayed another week and then back to diagnosed double and blurred vision. Then the nausea started, fatigue and lack of eating not normally exhibited from this child. Even when  sick she still eats and sleep...what is that...she is normally an energizer bunny!? Two trips to emerg.(admitted once) and many tests including a CT scan due to a suspicious tiny dark spot/possible cyst (and then to cap it off mildly inflamed optic disc where the optic nerve is at back of eye) a MRI was fast tracked. That MRI happened Monday and tomorrow we get news of what is going on. Emotions you can't put a finger on for ourselves and our loved ones and friends. We await answers.


I can honestly say that 95% of the time I have been miss happy go lucky. You would not know that all this has been happening if you bumped into me. I have not been putting on any airs. It is not that I don't care, or that I am not concerned. In fact, I am, but, I have handled this better than I ever could have expected. There were 2 moments that I can think of where I cried, but, that was fleeting and I easily shook off and dispelled the  fear. As a Catholic Christian, I believe that fear comes from the flesh and also that unemployed cherub. That little devil-grrrr. But, God is bigger and has lifted me above that fear and I have had a great deal of peace through the majority of this. I know this is due to my will to trust in God and walk in faith. I trust whatever God's will is for me and my family.


I admit that as of yesterday and today, the anxiety in my body is slowly rising. The unknown can be scary. However, when you really trust in God and give all your cares and worries to Him he can do so much and can move in your life. It is a special gift and I am thankful. I placed my daughter in his hands. I prayed from the beginning for the right people to come in our path, to give the best care she can receive. From the girl in the ER that told me to go to Mac Master to the doctor that would not give up finding an answer, to the top ER Pediatric neurosurgeon that was on call that found what no one else did....angels were in our midst.


This song and video says it all - "Well I will walk by faith,Even when I cannot see,Well because this broken road, Prepares Your will for me. Help me to win my endless fears, You've been so faithful for all my years, With one breath You make me new, Your grace covers all I do."


We face the Pediatric Neurosurgeons tomorrow for a diagnosis and I do this with faith and trust. Thank you for all your prayers. The people praying for her has been overwhelming and is appreciated beyond words. May you all be blessed! Prayers have already been answered because her symptoms are all gone and she is the picture of health! God is good! May the MRI bring the same picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen, sending you all positive thoughts and prayers. Pat :-)

Karen said...

Thank you Pat! It is so nice to have my faith families support:)