About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Saturday, March 12, 2011

How did the first christians worship? Justin Martyr 155 AD


 The Catholic Mass 155 A.D.

This video speaks volumes to me about the Mass my family and I attend every Sunday. I find it incredible whenever I read the words penned by this great man Justin Martyr. He was a convert to the faith and became a philosopher. As a Lay Catholic he was one of the first defenders of our faith in regards to the Mass. I have a video by Steve Ray a Catholic apologist, called "Handing down the faith", and Steve walks through the ruins of the church, now in rubble, that Justin Martyr walked about in and preached to people. Several books have been attributed to Justin, but only three are universally accepted as genuine. They are what are now called the First Apology and the Second Apology, and the Dialogue With Trypho the Jew. This video above is from his First Apology.  His letter to Antoninus Pius, Emperor, 155 AD.

He died a martyr for the faith, thus the name Justin Martyr. He was beheaded along with 6 of his students around the year 165 AD.

No comments: