About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Monday, March 7, 2011

Discovering with my son the Church Fathers...the what???


My son and I together are reading a great book called "Four Witnesses-The Early Church in Her own words". It is a road of discovery all over again for me, and for him, new information he is devouring like a ravenous lion. It is a great read, surprisingly, and just when I think I had discovered much already, I realize I am still so ignorant. Fortunately, I am open to seeking and will continue to learn all I can.  I do not want to be a sheep just bumbling a long with the herd. I do not want that to happen with my son (or daughter) either. I hold nothing back in all realms of the Church and other churches and after providing this information he will come to terms with his Faith in his own way. I do pray he believes what the first Christians believed, based on faith and facts! The first Christians were Catholic. The words Catholic Church are mentioned in the first century.

 Hopefully, over time, with books to websites to television programming, word will get out more about these great men. Only then may some lies and misconceptions about the Catholic Church be abolished. Truth has been greatly revealed because writings after writings after writings confirm consistent truths and traditions. Early Church fathers were either students of an apostle or a student of the student and this has revealed much  to me.

The enemy is a giant out there constantly trying to tear Her down. But while Goliath flexes his muscle, David wins in the battle. Sadly we are half asleep or trusting the wolf in sheep's clothing. I was fully asleep, but I waking up over time. It is a process, learning about the Catholic Church and why it teaches certain truths and has certain traditions. I tried to get away from the Church but she dragged me back with history backed up by scripture. Whoda thunk?

No comments: