About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Friday, March 25, 2011

Catholics do matter and Girls ROCK!



Awesome evening! Thank you Niagara Catholic District School Board and all of the wonderful people that made this evening a success! It was a packed house. We hope for more evenings like this. Maybe Mark Hart next year for the boys? (my son's favorite-hint hint)

The evening was held at St. Micheal's High School,  where Teresa Tomeo, a broadcast-journalist, highlighted the evening with her presence and words of faith and wisdom. I had a great time with my daughter, sister and niece. So many friends, I bumped into, that also shared in the laughter and fun of the evening. Beautiful young voices sang for us and an impressive speech from one young lady resulted in a standing ovation. She spoke about self esteem from a youth's perspective. Where can I get a copy of that speech? Anyways... Zumba, crafts, draws, food and bonding with women. A well planned and organized event! Oh, and we all loved the cupcakes!!! Thank you Teresa, NCDSB and everyone that made tonight a great success!

Teresa spoke the truth. I could relate to her talk, as I too was a fall away Catholic, that came back to the faith. She helped us realize our worth as girls and women. She told us to use the special gifts and talents that God has given us. During Teresa's talk she yelled "girls".We collectively responded with "rock". GIRLS ROCK!  As women and girls, we do not always hold ourselves in high esteem.We don't realize, that we really do rock. We can carry ourselves with dignity. We sometimes allow the media and society to tell us different. I hope we walked away tonight, realizing we are God's daughters and He loves us right where we are! Sins, imperfections and all, He loves us! We found in our goody bags, this poem. I would like to share it with you ~

I am a diamond.
I am beautiful.
I am precious.
 I am strong.
I am a diamond 
created by God
and loved by my family.
I am never alone
for His light is in me.

This poem is simple but grand in it's message. Diamonds are made up of one single element-Carbon. The process of tremendous heat and pressure causes this element to change into a diamond. Like a diamond,  we can allow ourselves to be changed from something mediocre into something beautiful. We just need to ask God to work in us, with the help of His holy fire. To shape, press and mold us into new creations. May His light shine through us when we encounter others.  I end this post by saying "We are diamonds in Christ and Girl's do Rock!!!" Let us not forget our true value and worth.


No comments: