About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Thursday, January 13, 2011

House+Home at the Apostolic Palace

I always thought it annoying and irrelevant that there was this man called a Pope. The people that were so excited to see him nauseated me. I didn't get it.  How did "he" fit into my life as a Catholic, a lapsed Catholic?? I found out that this was my title during the time I  regarded this man in white of very little importance. He is just an average man, right? Well, so I thought. Just some guy that stands at a window waving at people and living in luxury. I was wrong and that just may be a future post. Meanwhile, how awesome that the Apostolic succession exists since Christ died through to today-the Pope, my Pope.. All the men before this great man that paved the way and kept Christianity alive. Thank you to this man that the faith is kept alive and growing due to his dedication and wisdom  as guided by the Holy Spirit.  Church Fathers to the Pope, I get it now:)

No comments: