“If I am asked how bread is changed into the Body of Christ, I answer: “The Holy Ghost overshadows the priest and operates in the same manner in the elements which He effected in the womb of the Virgin Mary.” – St. John of DamascusThe command was “take and eat” not “take and understand.” – C. S. Lewis
- The Eucharist is not a symbol.
- The Eucharist is the body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.
- God is forever present, in the flesh, to His people.
- Each and every time we go to Mass, Christ invites us to offer our bodies back to Him. “This is my body, given up for you” we hear. What is our response back to our God? Do we offer Him back our bodies for His will and His glory or for our own?
- Eucharist literally means “thanksgiving”. Do we really give thanks for His real presence?
- God did not come down to earth to dwell alone in a golden box, but for us, to worship Him and never be alone.
- The Eucharist is God’s grace within us.
- The Mass is the wedding feast, when we consume Christ, we consummate our sacramental union as the bride (Church) to the groom (Christ).
- You are what you eat. The word "eat" in it's original context when Jesus was alive meant "to Chew".The only time in the bible when His followers left Him. Why is that?