About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Have you ever visited your family or friends grave?



What did you feel when you visited your friends grave, or family members grave? How about their funeral? I know, this is a gloomy and sad subject. But, how did you feel? Imagine if they they were not there. Their body was stolen? The tombstone was taken? What emotions would you experience? How must Jesus' family and friends have felt that day he was not in His tomb?A great reflection here, from Matt Maher, a great Catholic music artist. Our family can't wait to see him this May in Toronto!

Have we died to ourselves with Christ? Are we experiencing the passion, death and resurrection this season? What a great time in our lives to have a start at new life. To be resurrected with Christ. To be born again in the spirit. We are all spiritual after all. Emotional, Physical, Mental and Spiritual beings.If there is something missing in your life and you don't feel complete, it may be that you are missing that spiritual component-God. I know that I was feeling incomplete and empty...and now I do feel complete:) God filled that void.

In this time of Spring and new beginnings, and in this time of the Easter season (the next 50 days) we have opportunity for rebirth. I think we are always being reborn in spirit. It is a continual conversion of heart and mind and spirit that we undertake as Christians.

I personally, think that this is why Easter is celebrated in the Spring. Just look outside at all the trees with swelling buds. Flowers pushing through the soil. Birds scurrying about looking for debris to make their nests and lay eggs. There is new life all around us.  Easter eggs- signify new life. Now, I don't understand Easter bunnies, so, if anyone knows, please share. Anyways, the empty tomb of Christ represents eternal life. We can die to ourselves and live for Christ-eternal life. As it says in John 3:30 "he must increase and I must decrease." Do you chose to live for the world and its ways or the ways of God? Can you die to self? Can you surrender yourself to the Holy Spirit and follow Jesus? He gives us free will. So, you need to ask Him to help you draw closer...and He will. But, only if you ask Him.

Christ is Risen-Alleluia!

No comments: