About Me

My photo
Ontario, Canada
I am a cradle Roman Catholic, that always had the knowledge of God. I, however, did not have a relationship with him and thus, was empty inside. Now through asking him to come into my life and going to prayer groups etc., I have had a renewal in my faith. Protestants may call it being "born-again". I now find what I thought was a BORING Mass to be the ultimate enjoyable experience that brings me closest to our Lord....besides of course Eucharistic Adoration, which is awe inspiring. The Church Fathers took me deeper into my faith which is when I came back completely-like a boomerang, thus my blog title. I understand why I am a Catholic/Christian. It is not just a religion. It IS God, it IS love. I might not be an English scholar and you might edit me in your head. But, I do have something to share and I hope you will join me on the journey and maybe discover something new to think about. Blessings+

Monday, August 11, 2014

The family just got bigger!


I have always believed that God turns bad into good. 

The bad is we are witnessing religious genocide happening in the cradle of where Christianity was born. Lives have been lost in the most barbaric ways. Households and villages are torn apart because of their religious beliefs. Christians would not renounce their faith, no matter how much evil pressed into them emotionally...mentally... physically. These brave men, women and children of Mosul and other war torn places need our continual prayers. Our brothers and sisters in Christ are suffering persecution and death that is too hard to comprehend.

These days when I am in conversation with God, my eyes regularly well up with tears, especially during Mass and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. What we have, they no longer have. The realization that they are unable to go to Church and worship and receive Jesus in the Holy Eucharist is heart-wrenching. Knowing that they are willing to die for this and suffer on behalf of their beliefs, I am overwhelmed by their evident love for God. May we honour them by realizing how blessed we are to receive Jesus, attend Mass and practice our faith. 

We can find peace in our hearts during this time of madness. In the past months, I believe, the Church has gained many Saints in the heavenly realm. A sense of hope is in reach, if you believe in the Communion of Saints. They are able to take our prayer requests to the throne of God and intercede on our behalf. These faithful people that appear to be walking the same path as  many martyrs before them are in spiritual union with the Christian Church. Our family is getting bigger! They have also been a powerful witness to the world and may be instrumental in the  conversion of souls for Christ. History has shown us the positive influence of those who came before us that were willing to die for what they believed and give us reason to believe- and we call them Saints. The persecuted Christians of today have not died, nor suffered in vain as they have accomplished much good and are rewarded with a seat at the heavenly banquet. 

Though the devils army looks threatening and aggressive, God and his angels and saints are most powerful. Good trumps evil. They will topple the enemy that propagates evil and hate in a world that so desperately needs  the love of God. Just when you think jihad, war, relativism and all the the secular world  can throw at you is swallowing up God's kingdom, you find that Jesus is alive and well.  We stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Christ. You teach us what profound faith looks like in our modern world- thank you for your testimony! We pray with you for the conversion of souls, especially the Islamic terrorists. Holy martyrs of Iraq, pray for us! 

No comments: